eGFX Breakaway Box 550 Bundle (with Radeon RX Vega 56 Card)
Part No. GPU-550W-TB3V56
Only 1 available - order soon!
Break Into – Desktop Class Graphics Acceleration
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway™ Box is an award-winning family of Thunderbolt™ 3 external GPU enclosures that support any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but are designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive AMD and NVIDIA® graphic cards. For the professional – accelerate special effects, animation, color grading, rendering, and editing. For gamers – enable graphic-intensive gaming on ultra-portable computers.
Sonnet maintains a working relationship with Thunderbolt and graphic cards partners, and is one of the first eGPU enclosures recommended by Apple®. Apple demonstrated eGPU connectivity over Thunderbolt 3 with Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box at Apple's 2017 WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference). The Breakaway Box was provided as an eGPU kit to developers to assist in the development of eGPU on Mac® computers.
eGFX Breakaway Box 550 Key Features:
- Power Supply: 550 Power Supply (equivalent to 600W recommended system power)
- Power Connector: Two 8-pin (6+2 pin) Power Connectors
- Card Power Support: Supports up to 375W Card
- Notebook Charging: Charging up to 87W
Includes a High-performance Radeon™ RX Vega 56 8GB Graphics Card
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Box 550/RX Vega 56 Bundle includes a Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB graphics card, providing GPU support for computationally-intensive applications and games on compatible Mac and Windows® Thunderbolt 3 computers.
This premium graphics card features:
- 8GB High Bandwidth Cache (HBM2)
- Next-Gen Compute Units
- Radeon VR Ready Premium
- Radeon FreeSync 2 Technology
- 2048-bit Memory Bus
- Three DisplayPort Ports
- One HDMI Port
eGFX Breakaway Box – The Coolest and Quietest eGPU Enclosure on the Market
The eGFX Breakaway Box features a large variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card – perfect for noise-sensitive environments. Additionally, the enclosure supports graphics cards with 120mm water block coolers. Water block coolers run quieter than active fans; plus water block coolers enable higher overclocking.
Eco-friendly Thunderbolt 3 Power Features
Thunderbolt 3 provides eco-friendly power features to help save power and energy: the enclosure powers on when your computer is on and powers off when the computer is put to sleep, shut down, or disconnected. In addition, Thunderbolt 3 Power Delivery (PD) allows the Breakaway Box to power and charge notebook computers when the computer is sleeping.
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 Slot
(support for one full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card; occupied with a graphics card in bundle editions)
- Quiet, Temperature-controlled Fan
- One Thunderbolt 3 Port
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) 100W Cable
- Eco-friendly Power Features
- Thunderbolt Certified
- Mac and Windows Compatible
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed in the USA
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt Port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (supports compatible PCIe cards, not GPU cards)
- See Product Page Tech Specs and eGPU/OS Info for Up-to-date macOS, Video Drivers, and Product Compatibility Info
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 Port
- GPU card use Requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC
- See Product Page Tech Specs and eGPU/OS Info for Up-to-date Windows, Video Drivers, and Product Compatibility Info
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
WARNING: California's Proposition 65
Product specifications and information subject to change without notice. Computer hardware and accessories featured in photos that are not included with product are shown for illustration purposes; items sold separately.
Jump to 4K Editing with the eGFX Breakaway Box 550
Learn More About How Much Power External GPU Cards Really Need
Learn How eGFX Breakaway Box Powers On, Charges Notebooks, and Sleeps
As required by the State of California:
/!\WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65warnings.ca.gov
Computer hardware and accessories shown with product are for illustrative purposes and not included.