xMac mini Server (Mac mini Expansion System)
Part No. XMAC-MS-A - OUT OF STOCK.
Transform a Mac mini with Thunderbolt Technology into a Full-Fledged
Expandable Rackmount Server
Are you considering your options for a rack-mounted computer? Looking to replace an aging Xserve® system? For many applications, a Mac® mini or Mac mini with OS X® Server with Thunderbolt technology has all the power necessary to allow it to function as a full size server. But by itself, the Mac mini’s compact size and form factor can limit its potential. Most importantly, it does not provide slots for PCIe expansion cards necessary to increase its functionality and connectivity. Sonnet’s award-winning xMac™ mini Server PCIe 2.0 expansion system/1U rackmount enclosure addresses these issues and expands a Mac mini’s potential in a big way.
Mac mini and PCIe cards shown in photo not included.
xMac mini Server: PCIe 2.0 Expansion System/1U Rackmount Enclosure
xMac mini Server features a cleverly designed rugged, 1U enclosure that houses the Mac mini, PCIe expansion slots, power supply, and routing cables. Additionally, the xMac mini Server features:
- Upgradeable to Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface (with Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports)
- Diverse PCIe Card Support – Supports Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, pro video capture and playout, SAS/SATA RAID controllers, pro audio, and other PCIe cards
- Quiet, Temperature-Controlled Fan
- Integrated 150W Universal Power Supply (with auxiliary power connector for power-hungry PCIe cards)
- Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
- Front Panel Operation, Rear Panel Connectivity
- Energy Efficient – Auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac mini is sleeping or off
- Includes Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok™ Retainer Clip
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 17.75 x 1.72 in. (48.3 x 45.1 x 4.4 cm)
- 5-Year Warranty