eGFX Breakaway Box 650 Bundle (with Radeon Pro WX 9100 Graphics Card)
Shown with additional eGFX Breakaway Box 650 and iMac Pro; sold separately
Transform your Thunderbolt 3 Equipped Mac Into a True Graphics Workstation!
Many pro video and 3D rendering applications rely on workstation graphics (GPU) cards to do the heavy lifting. Unfortunately, most of today’s Mac® computers are equipped only with integrated graphics or low-power discrete GPUs that may cause performance bottlenecks performing these tasks. Happily, for current MacBook Pro and iMac models there’s a simple path to greater performance—external GPUs (eGPUs). Through extensive engineering collaboration, a Radeon Pro WX 9100 installed in the Breakaway Box 650 eGPU chassis connects to the computer via a single cable, and works seamlessly with macOS®, with no need for manual driver installations or additional tweaking—it is a true plug-and-play professional graphics solution.
eGFX Breakaway Box 650/WX 9100 Bundle Key Features:
- Includes Video Card: AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100 16GB Workstation Graphics Card
- Power Supply: 650 Power Supply (equivalent to 750W recommended system power)
- Power Connector: Two 8-pin (6+2 pin) Power Connectors
- Card Power Support: Supports up to 375W Card that also Requires up to an Additional 100W of Peak Power
- Notebook Charging: Charging up to 87W
- Superior AMD Support - AMD Backs the Radeon Pro WX 9100 with 24/7 Enterprise-level Support, and an up to 10-year Warranty: 3-year Limited Warranty + 7-year Extended Warranty with Registration
AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100 – The Ultimate GPU for Creators
AMD designed the Radeon Pro WX 9100 workstation graphics card for stability and longevity, using only the highest quality components available. With 16GB of HBM2 memory (2x that of the Vega 64), this card supports higher memory workflows in rendering applications than consumer cards, while its native 10-bit color support significantly strengthens color grading work. Plus, with six mini DisplayPort 1.4 outputs onboard, the WX 9100 offers greater display flexibility than gaming cards.
Why eGFX Breakaway Box 650?
Sonnet’s award-winning eGFX Breakaway Box 650 Thunderbolt™ 3 to GPU card expansion system was designed and qualified specifically for large, power-hungry graphics (GPU) cards. It is the only eGPU chassis recommended by Apple® and qualified by AMD to support the Radeon Pro WX 9100. It is also the coolest and quietest install-your-own-card eGFX box on the market, with a built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card. It also provides 87W Power Delivery to power and charge even a MacBook Pro 15-inch.
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 Slot
(support for one full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card; occupied with a graphics card in bundle editions)
- Quiet, Temperature-controlled Fan
- One Thunderbolt 3 Port
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) 100W Cable
- Eco-friendly Power Features
- Thunderbolt Certified
- Mac and Windows Compatible
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed in the USA
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- See Product Page Tech Specs and eGPU/OS Info for Up-to-date macOS, Video drivers, and Product Compatibility Info
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 Port
- GPU Card use Requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC
- See Product Page Tech Specs and eGPU/OS Info for Up-to-date Windows, Video Drivers, and Product Compatibility Info
Contact email@example.com for info.
WARNING: California's Proposition 65
Product specifications and information subject to change without notice. Computer hardware and accessories featured in photos that are not included with product are shown for illustration purposes; items sold separately.
Learn More About the Graphic Power of the Radeon Pro WX 9100 Card
Learn How eGFX Breakaway Box Powers On, Charges Notebooks, and Sleeps
As required by the State of California:
/!\WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65warnings.ca.gov
Computer hardware and accessories shown with product are for illustrative purposes and not included.