Allegro Pro Type A USB 3.2 PCIe (4-port, SuperSpeed USB-A 10Gbps [USB 3.2 Gen 2] PCIe Card with Dual Controllers and USB Charging)
Part No. USB3-PRO-4P10-E
Powerful USB 3.2 Gen 2 Performance: Add Four USB-A 10Gbps Ports to Computers and Thunderbolt Expansion Systems with PCIe Slots
Current SSD-based USB 3.2 Gen 2 drives can transfer data at 800 MB/s, and many are bus-powered. But, most desktop computers feature old-generation USB interfaces that can’t support the performance and power requirement to enable modern bus-powered drives to function. With a Sonnet Allegro Pro Type A USB 3.2 PCIe card installed into the PCIe slot of your Mac Pro®, Windows®, or Linux® computer, or Thunderbolt Expansion System, you'll have more than enough bandwidth to support super-fast USB drives at maximum performance.
Unlike ordinary USB-A cards, Sonnet's Allegro has the following advantages:
- Delivers 7.5W of power per USB port for USB-powered devices
- Doesn't require separate power plug connection; gets the power required to operate connected drives from the slot it’s installed in
- Independent, per-port power regulation protects each port from glitches on adjacent ports, preventing auto-disconnects of already-connected drives
- Features a resettable fuse on each port, protecting both card and computer should a cable or peripheral fail; resetting a tripped fuse is simple—just shut down and restart your computer
Allegro Pro Type A USB 3.2 PCIe: Two Gen 2 Controllers, Four USB-A Ports
Featuring two 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 controllers and four USB-A ports, the Allegro PCIe card supports the fastest USB drives available, yet provides the most common connection type for peripheral devices. Connected to a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 SSD RAID device, the Allegro supports data transfers up to 800 MB/s—transfers complete in half the time compared with using a USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.0 adapter card. Made possible through the use of dual controllers, with two connected drives, each port supports simultaneous 660 MB/s transfers. With four drives connected, each port supports simultaneous 300 MB/s transfers!
- Compatible with 2019 Mac Pro (Big Sur requires 11.3+)
- Adds Four USB-A 10Gbps Ports to Your Computer
- Features Dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Controllers for Fast Drive-to-Drive Transfers
- Supports USB Bus-powered Devices with up to 7.5W (3.0A) Power per Port
- Provides Independent Power Regulation for Each Port
- Resettable Device Overcurrent Fuses Protect the Card and Computer
- USB 3.0 Charging Port Handshake Support
- Simultaneously Sync and Charge iPads and Other Devices (that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device)
- Supports Storage, Hubs, and Other USB-IF Compliant USB Devices
- Supports Hot-swappable Device Connection
- Compatible with macOS and Windows
- Works in Thunderbolt 3 and 2 Expansion Systems (like Sonnet’s Echo™ Express, xMac™ Pro Server, or xMac mini Server)
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed in the USA
Note: Product complies with USB 3.2 Gen 2 specification, which supercedes USB 3.1 Gen 2. Product package may still list USB 3.1 Gen 2.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
WARNING: California's Proposition 65
Product specifications and information subject to change without notice. Computer hardware and accessories featured in photos that are not included with product are shown for illustration purposes; items sold separately.