Echo II DV Module (2-Slot PCIe Card Expansion Module)
Part No. DM-MOD-E2DV
(Module only; enclosure sold separately)
Your I/O Companion
Echo II DV Module
2-slot Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion Module Designed for Optimal DV Expansion with Bandwidth-hungry DV I/O Cards
M Series Macs Meet Broadcast Studio
Mac Studio and other M series Mac computers feature powerful Thunderbolt/USB4 ports, each individually driven by their own dedicated Thunderbolt bus. Installed in an xMac Studio, DuoModo, or current Echo rackmount system, the Echo II DV Module exploits your computer’s full potential, connecting two PCIe 3.0 card slots — each with its own Thunderbolt interface — for you to install two bandwidth-hungry DV I/O cards in one enclosure.
Note: For maximum performance with more than one bandwidth-hungry PCIe card, such as the DeckLink 8K, this product requires connection to two Thunderbolt ports on computer.
When your computer has only one Thunderbolt port, you can still use Echo II DV Module. Because each PCIe card slot is supported by its own Thunderbolt interface with two Thunderbolt ports, you can take advantage of Thunderbolt’s daisy-chaining feature. Simply connect one Thunderbolt interface to the other using one of the two supplied Thunderbolt cables, and use the other cable to connect to the computer.
Your Choice of Enclosure
Echo II DV Module is the perfect companion module for Sonnet Thunderbolt Expansion Systems. Add it to an xMac Studio, DuoModo enclosure, or an Echo rackmount system.
Two Versatile PCIe Slots
- Supports Two Full-height, Full-length PCIe Cards, Each at Full Bandwidth
- Two x16 PCIe 3.0 Slots
- Up to Double the Bandwidth for Double the Video Channels
- Supports Every Single-width Thunderbolt-compatible non-GPU Card
- View PDF of Supported PCIe Cards
400W of Power
- Built-in 400W Power Supply with 2x 75W Auxiliary Power Connectors
- Supports Power-hungry, non-GPU Cards Including AJA Kona 5 and Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
- Powers On and Off Automatically with Connected Computer
- Dual Noctua Fans Offer Ultra-quiet Operation
- Temperature-controlled, Variable-speed
- Rated at 17 dbA
Thunderbolt 3 Interface
- Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports (Two Reserved for Connection to Host Computer)
- Independent Thunderbolt Connection to Each Card Slot
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt Interface Offers 3000 MB/s of PCIe Bandwidth with Thunderbolt 4 computers; 2570 MB/s with Thunderbolt 3 computers
- Two Thunderbolt Cables Included
- Two ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clips Included
Sonnet Product Compatibility
- xMac Studio
- Any DuoModo Desktop or Rackmount Enclosure
- Echo III Rackmount
- Echo II DV Rackmount
- Mac (M series) with PCIe Cards That Have Compatible Drivers
- Mac (Intel) with Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- macOS® 10.12.6+
- macOS Sonoma Compatible
- Windows Computer with Thunderbolt 4 Ports(1)
- Windows Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports(2)
- Windows 11 22H2 built 22621.819 and Newer
- Windows 10
- Linux Computer with Thunderbolt 4 Ports(1)
- Linux Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Linux Kernel 5.4+
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed and Made In the USA
1. Echo II DV Module features dual Thunderbolt interfaces, and for best performance with PCIe cards with high bandwidth requirements, requires connection to two Thunderbolt ports on your computer. Depending on the PC manufacturer, some computers with Thunderbolt 4 ports support each port with its own bus, or may divide bandwidth of a Thunderbolt 4 bus between two ports.
2. While the Echo II DV Module features dual 40Gbps Thunderbolt interfaces, some Windows computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps.
Learn Why Sonnet's Pro Products Rely on Thunderbolt 3 Technology for Maximum Performance
WARNING: California’s Proposition 65
Product specifications and information subject to change without notice. Computer hardware and accessories featured in photos that are not included with product are shown for illustration purposes; items sold separately.