Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock
Part No. ECHO-DK2M2-TB
Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock
40Gbps Thunderbolt Dock with Internal High Performance Storage Expansion, Fast USB Charging Ports, and Up to 5K Display Support
Mass SSD storage meets desktop dock convenience. Dual NVMe slots support internal high performance storage expansion*. Transfer and access data in seconds, and effortlessly store large files and media libraries. Convenient, fast peripheral ports provide connectivity and charging for your Thunderbolt™ and USB devices. Compatible with all Thunderbolt 4 computers, all M1/M2 series Macs, all Thunderbolt 3 Mac and Windows computers, and M1/M2 iPad Pro.
*SSDs sold separately
SSD Storage – Add up to 16TB of SSD Storage Inside!
The Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock features two M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD slots, enabling you to easily install high performance M.2 NVMe SSDs (sold separately) inside. Because installed SSDs interface with the dock’s Thunderbolt controller, they utilize its bandwidth to deliver the performance of a portable Thunderbolt SSD, but are tucked away neatly within the dock.
Want to know which NMVe SSDs work with Sonnet’s Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock? View our comprehensive NVMe SSD Compatibility PDF.
Speed – Fast Single SSD Data Transfers. Great RAID 0 Performance.
Single SSDs installed in the Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock can each achieve sustained data transfers of up to 1500 MB/s. Configured as a RAID 0 set for even greater performance, data transfers up to 3000 MB/s are possible. Start with one SSD, and add any size SSD later without needing to format the first one.
Connect Thunderbolt Peripherals – Convenient Front Panel Thunderbolt Peripheral Port
The Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock includes two 40Gbps Thunderbolt ports; one for connection to your computer, the other to daisy chain up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices plus a display. The Thunderbolt peripheral port also offers 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect another USB device using the proper cable or adapter. The dock’s Thunderbolt peripheral port provides up to 15W, supporting even the most demanding bus-powered Thunderbolt devices.
Peripheral Power – Powerful 10Gbps USB ports
The Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock features four versatile USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) ports (two Type-C plus two Type A) that support super-fast USB NVMe SSDs at full speed. Each port delivers up to 7.5W to ensure connected bus-powered devices operate without fail, and may be used to charge your iPhone®, iPad®, or other device that charges via USB.
- Internal High Performance SSD Storage Expansion – Up to 16TB*
- Two N.2 NMVe SSD Slots – Add Your M.2 NVMe SSDs
- Connects to Your Peripherals with One Cable – Plug Peripherals Into the Dock, and Connect Your Computer to the Dock with the Included Thunderbolt Cable
- Front Panel Thunderbolt Port for Peripherals – Daisy Chain Up to Five Thunderbolt Devices
- Powerful 10Gbps USB Ports – Provides Up to 7.5W of Power Each for Bus-Powered Peripherals, and for Charging of Devices
- Quiet, Effective Cooling with Temperature-Controlled, Variable-Speed Fan
- macOS Boot Support
- Apple Pro Display XDR Supported
- Several Display Types Supported – Connect a Thunderbolt or USB-C Display Directly; Supports an HDMI or DisplayPort Display with a Thunderbolt-Compatible Adapter (Sold Separately)
- Compatible with Mac (M1/M2 series)
- Compatible with Mac (Intel) with Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Mac (Intel) with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable
- Requires macOS 10.12.6+
- Compatible with M1/M2 iPad Pro®
- Compatible with Windows Computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Requires Windows 11 or 10
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed in the USA
*SSDs sold separately
Display Delight – Connect an Apple Pro Display XDRThrough its Thunderbolt peripheral port, the Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock supports an Apple Pro Display XDR®, 5K @ 60Hz, 4K @ 75Hz, 1440p @ 165Hz, or 1080p @ 240Hz display, as supported by your computer. You can connect a Thunderbolt or USB-C display directly or at the end of a Thunderbolt device daisy chain. To use an HDMI or DisplayPort display, connect with an active adapter (sold separately).
Lock It – Kensington Lock Ready
The Echo 11 Thunderbolt 4 Dock features three USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) Type A ports on the back to support super fast USB NVMe SSDs at up to full speed. And unlike some other docks, the Echo 11 doesn’t skimp on power either — each port provides up to 7.5W, ensuring bus-powered devices will operate without fail.
All the Right Connections – 40Gbps Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok 3 Included
Sonnet includes a Thunderbolt cable that supports Thunderbolt’s full 40Gbps bandwidth, and is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 and Thunderbolt 3 computers. Sonnet also provides a ThunderLok™ 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip that prevents accidental cable disconnections — just slide it over one end of the cable, and then plug in the connector and secure it to the dock by turning a thumbscrew. Because of its unique design, ThunderLok remains on the cable so it won’t get lost when not in use.
For complete computer and NVMe SSD compatibility please see Sonnet's NVMe SSD Compatibility PDF and visit product's technical specifications.
Contact email@example.com for info.
WARNING: California's Proposition 65
Product specifications and information subject to change without notice. Computer hardware and accessories featured in photos that are not included with product are shown for illustration purposes; items sold separately.
Learn More About Sonnet's Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock